nedjelja, 23. veljače 2014.

My mom only had one eye

                                   




My mom only had one eye . I hated her ... She was such an embarrassment . She cooked for students and teachers to support the family .

There was this one day during elementary school where my mom came to say hello to me . I was so embarrassed .

How could she do this to me ? I ignored her , threw her a hateful look and ran out . The next day at school one of my classmates said , " Phew , your mom only has one eye ! "

I wanted to bury myself . I also wanted my mom to just disappear . I confronted her that day and said , " If you're only gonna make me a laughing stock , why do not you just die ? "

My mom did not respond ... I did not even stop to think for a second about what I had said , because I was full of anger . I was oblivious to her feelings .

I wanted out of that house , and have nothing to do with her. So I studied real hard , got a chance to go abroad to study .

Then , I got married . I bought a house of my own . I had kids of my own . I was happy with my life , my kids and the comforts . Then one day , my mother came to visit me . She had not seen me in years and she did not even meet her grandchildren .

When she stood by the door , my children laughed at her , and I yelled at her for coming over uninvited . I screamed at her , " How dare you come to my house and scare my children ! GET OUT OF HERE ! NOW! "

And to this , my mother quietly answered , " Oh , I'm so sorry . I may have gotten the wrong address . " - And she disappeared out of sight .

One day , a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house . So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip . After the reunion , I went to the old shack just out of curiosity .

My neighbors said that she died. I did not shed a single tear . They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have .

" My dearest son ,

I think of you all the time . I'm sorry that I came to your house and scared your children .


I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion . But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you . I'm sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up .

You see ........ when you were very little, you got into an accident , and lost your eye . As a mother , I could not stand watching you having to grow up with one eye . So I gave you mine .

I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me , in my place , with that eye .

With all my love to you ,

Your mother . "

Nema komentara:

Objavi komentar